Knee-High, 4th of July
by PamFord Davis

God has blessed the Delta with bountiful farmland in Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. In addition, this spring, He blessed us with needed rain; the corn and soybean crops are looking great. On drive byes, I can almost hear my Dad's voice, "Knee-high by the 4th of July." That was common in Central NY State.

Here in Louisiana, with Independence Day rapidly approaching, the corn crop has already far surpassed knee-high height. It would tower over Dad's nearly 6-foot frame. Local farmers had anticipated growth when they dropped the seed. God desires and anticipates growth and expansion of his kingdom.

"To what shall we liken the kingdom of God? Or with what parable shall we picture it? It is like a mustard seed which, when it is sown on the ground, is smaller than all the seeds on earth; but when it is sown, it grows up and becomes greater than all herbs, and shoots out large branches, so that the birds of the air may nest under its shade (Mark 4:30b-32 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print