Happiness Is
by PamFord Davis

This is not a multiple choice or a fill in the blank pop quiz. The message is instead, an opportunity to do a brief self-examination. Simply end this phrase, 'Happiness is___.' What precisely is happiness or what makes you happy? Does happiness elude you or is it readily available? I pose the questions; discover the answers.

Happy/Happiness: "1. lucky; fortunate. 2. Having or showing great pleasure or joy; glad. 3. Suitable and clever; apt: as a happy suggestion." (Webster's New World Dictionary) Do the dictionary definitions line up with your first thoughts when pondering what happiness is? I believe that number 2 is the best introduction.

"Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD (Psalms 114:15 Scofield Bible)." The three preceding verses described God's blessings upon his people, gifting them with children, abundant crops and herds, peace and tranquility. The Father knows what will make me happy. My 'happiness is' given by him....

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print