The Unshackled Program
by PamFord Davis

I salute 'Pacific Garden Mission,' Chicago IL for their sixty-four years radio outreach. Their 'Unshackled' program has the distinction of being the longest running drama on radio. Real life transformation stories are inspiring, as well as thought provoking. Through faith in Jesus, individuals break the chains of bondage to sin. The radio program title relates to a Biblical account in Mark 5:1-17.

"Then they came to the other side of the sea, to the region of the Gerasenes. As soon as He got out of the boat, a man with an unclean spirit came out of the tombs and met him. He lived in the tombs. No man was able to restrain him any moreeven with chains because he often had been bound with shackles and chains, but had snapped off the chains and smashed the shackles (Mark 5:1-4a HCS)."

The distraught man broke his visible shackles; yet, evil forces still bound him within spiritually. That is 'not' the end of the story. He found freedom. "They came to Jesus and saw the man who had been demon possessed by the legion, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind and they were afraid (Mark 5:15 HCS)." They feared such power. The unshackled man did not fear, he boldly proclaimed.

"So he went out and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him, and they were all amazed (Mark 5:20 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print