A Celebration of Freedom
by PamFord Davis

To many, the long Independence Day weekend gave opportunities to celebrate with family and friends. They gathered in backyards, at lakes, pools or neighborhood parks. As it wound down, couples tried to catch up on household chores. Wives tackled piles of dirty laundry while spouses mowed the yards. Today, they will return to the weekday schedule worn to a frazzle.

Maybe, you as wife cleaned the barbeque grill and your husband dutifully carried the cumbersome trash bags to the roadside container. Who would think its contents could be so heavy? The discarded red plastic tablecloth, Styrofoam cups, paper plates, plastic utensils and red white & blue napkins somehow swelled after the July 4th celebration of America's freedom.

To Christians, every day is a celebration of freedom. "But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life (Romans 6:22 NKJ)." Free, free from sin! "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print