A Do-Gooder
by PamFord Davis

Although I am a writer, unintentionally, I do at times butcher the English language.

'Christian,' is that a noun or an action verb?

Noun: 'a word that names or denotes a person, thing, action, etc.' [Webster's New World Dictionary]

Verb: 'a word expressing action, existence, or occurrence.' [Webster's New World Dictionary]

"....and the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch (Acts 11:26b KJV)."

Christian: 'n. a believer in Jesus as the Christ, or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus. adj. 1. of Jesus Christ. 2. of or professing the religion based on the teachings of Jesus.
3. having the qualities taught by Jesus as love, kindness, etc. 4. of Christians or Christianity. [Webster's New World Dictionary]

*Note that definitions for both noun and verb included the word 'action.'

We are to be Christ-like in our behavior.

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good (Acts 10:38a KJV)."

Jesus was a 'do-gooder' and we should follow in his steps.

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone (James 1:17 KJV)."

It is impossible for me to work my way to heaven. (Ephesians 2:8-9) Yet, I am compelled to work in his kingdom until my departure.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print