His Silences
by PamFord Davis

'Why?' a brief three letter question.

I ask why bad things happen to good people. My finite mind cannot grasp the ways of our infinite God. Those that know Christ, through a personal relationship, call Him both Savior and Lord. It's easy to entrust lives of loved ones in fair weather days. When storms arise, I falter.

God's answers may not come in this lifetime. I am learning to trust His silences.

A heartbroken mother came to Jesus, bringing her daughter in desperate need of healing. Crying out, she entreated Him to have mercy on her. (Matthew 15:21-28)

His first response was not what she desired.

"Yet, He did not say a word to her (Matthew 15:23a HCS)."

In this instance, Jesus did fulfill the request and yet, I do not always get the miraculous healing and deliverance I seek. In times as these I remember Jesus own words.

"And He said, 'Abba, Father! All things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me. Nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will (Mark 14:36 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print