GOD-TRACKING IS FIRST FILLING OUR LIVES WITH IMPORTANT GOD PLEASING STUFF
by Dudley Anderson

trACker number496
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

Follow Dudley @godtracker on Twitter

17 July 2014

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS FIRST FILLING OUR LIVES WITH IMPORTANT GOD PLEASING STUFF

At his first class on Christian Living the young Bible student watched as his professor showed the class an empty jar. He told them that the jar represents the times we all have. Everyone has an equally fair measure of 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The professor then poured sand into the jar. "The sand represented the many worries and tiny things in our lives that often grab our attention and hold us fast. These are lesser essentials like going to the cinema or spending time on Social Media sites," he said with a grin as he steadily poured in the granules. The sand filled most of the jar. The professor then tried to add several larger stones to the mix. He managed to insert only a few stones before they began to spill over. "These stones are the bigger and more important matters in our lives, like spending time with family or setting aside a few minutes to pray each day."

The lecturer then took another jar and placed the stones in it first. All the stones fitted in the jar quite comfortably. He then poured the sand into the jar. The young student watched amazed as he all the sand slipped down between the stones. The jar was now full with all the sand and all the stones. "When we focus on the important matters in our lives," said the prof, "all the other smaller stuff will fit right in as well."

Jesus put it this way, "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Jesus was talking about how we all become so consumed with lesser needs and daily requirements that we forget the more important things in life. He told us not to worry about our needs, because our heavenly Father knows that we have these needs in life, anyway. By seeking first God's kingdom we are, in fact, acknowledging God's supremacy in the great scheme of life.

Perhaps, like me, you get so caught up with filling your life's jar with processes, business, material worries and technology that you leave little space for the likes of prayer, worship, Bible reading, family and fellowship. In the great scheme of life it's often the small worries that take up the most space. So, let's first of all fill our lives with the larger stones of God's favour seeking that which honours and pleases him and then watch as he responds by pouring all the smaller grains of our daily needs into our life's jar in his time.

God-tracking is first filling our lives with important God pleasing stuff.

Keep your eyes on Jesus

Dudley

It's all in the Book
Matthew 6:25-34
Psalm 90


Vo/W
Verse of the Week

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


Quote of the Week
Sample of Dudley's Fave Quotes

"Being constantly busy is neither impressive nor right. Being productive and significant for Kingdom purposes is." --- John Partington


Don't Give Up, Look Up!
Look up and Fix Your Eyes on Jesus!

Help me to walk in faith that you will meet all my lesser needs according to your greater purposes

"Father God thank you so much that you know what daily needs I have in life. I believe that your kingdom purposes far outweigh my worldly priorities. Therefore, today I want to empty my life's jar of all that is in it. Then I want to begin to fill it up again with the big God stuff first and watch as the smaller things in life will simply fit right in. Help me to seek first your kingdom and your righteousness, O Lord. Then help me to walk in faith that you will meet all my lesser needs according to your greater purposes. You are my all in all. Amen."

If you want more prayer then email [email protected]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.
Unless otherwise indicated all scripture references in this publication are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION, NIV Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

trACker is a service of godtracker.co.uk. Please consider helping towards expenses in delivering this service to you HERE or by visiting http://godtracker.co.uk/

Listen to GodTracker for Radio here: http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

Recommend trACker to a friend.
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or click on http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe


Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print