Jesus' Human Nature: Fallen or Unfallen?
by Gregory John Monroe

Some deny that Jesus was incarnated into our sinful human flesh. They say that if this were true, then Jesus Himself would've been a sinner in need of a savior. Yet Hebrews 2: 14, 17, clearly says that Jesus shared in the sameness of our flesh and blood. He took on the human nature fallen - that needed to be redeemed. But that does not mean He too was a sinner.

The key that clears this up is in the meaning of the words "made" and "became." These are words used in John 1: 14, and 2 Corinthians 5: 21. They refer to the process of how Jesus took on and identified with humanity.

Whereas our human nature is indwelt by sin (Romans 7: 17, 20, 23), Jesus' essence is not indwelt with sin. He was "made to assume" or to "take upon Himself" our sinful human nature.

Jesus was in the likeness of man's sinful flesh (Romans 8: 3). "Likeness" carries the same connation as "made" and "became." As a result, He was a man of two combined, unmixed natures.

Make no mistake about it. Jesus' innateness is Divine. And He retained that Divinity on earth, for He can't be in essence anything else. However, we know from Philippians 2: 6, 7, that by the power of His Divinity His Godliness He emptied Himself of His Divine rights, ranking, power, and authority. He then became in appearance a man.

In doing so, He lived His entire earthly life as a human. Of His intrinsic nature, only His mind was used, and that was confined within human limitations. His mind had been emptied of godly omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience.

We know this because scripture tells us that Jesus, as a boy, had to grow in knowledge (Luke 2: 40). And John 14: 10 informs us that Jesus' miracles were performed by the Father.

Jesus wore and lived in a sinful human nature. But He didn't partake of its sinful desires. Had He yielded, even by a thought - and especially because that thought would've come from His divine nature - then yes; He would have been a sinner in need of a savior.

Instead, because He did not sin, making His character flawless and unspotted, He retained His savior status.

Having assumed the nature He came to redeem; He, the second Adam united with humanity as one executed humanity's fallen, sinful flesh at the cross.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print