GOD-TRACKING IS CASTING YOUR CARES ON JESUS, ALWAYS
by Dudley Anderson

trACker number497
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

Follow Dudley @godtracker on Twitter

25 July 2014

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS CASTING YOUR CARES ON JESUS, ALWAYS

I am told that of all the issues that an average person is anxious about, 40% of his worries are about things that will never happen; 30% is about the past that can't be changed; 12% is about the criticisms of others (mostly untrue) and 10% is about health issues, which get worse with stress. Of all the anxieties that he suffers, the average person only worries 8% about real live problems that he may face in any given day.

I went for a walk the other day with the cares of the world on my shoulders. I was anxious about many things that day, from cares about an ache in my knee to cares about other people in my life who were suffering with anxiety. As I walked I prayed out loud for these needs (thankfully I was alone on a country path). I found myself complaining about things that might happen in my life, about mistakes I'd made in the past and what other people were saying about me. The more I grumbled and worried the tighter the knot became in my belly until I almost audibly heard the voice of the Holy Spirit say, "Cast your cares upon me!" Immediately I stopped, took out my mobile phone (it has a notepad app on it) and made a list of all that I was anxious about. Under a tree on the side of a hill in the Worcestershire countryside that day, I did some care-casting!

Jesus told us not to worry about tomorrow. He told us to look at nature and see how God, in his perfect love and wisdom, takes care of the needs of the birds or the air and the flowers of the field. "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" he said. "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." Jesus then called us to firstly be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness. He promised that if we do this then all that we are worried about would simply fall into place. In other words, if you and I become concerned about the cares of this world then they will consume us! However, if we seek God's stuff first then we will enjoy rest and reward. You see, God's kingdom is comprised of faith and faith pleases God. Therefore, faith is righteous, and faith rewards the faithful who seek first God's will, word and work.

So if you're worried about the cares of the world and life in general today then stop doing what your are doing right now and do some care-casting. Pray your needs through and believe that the Lord is your strength and your shield. If you trust in him then he will help you in every way.

God-tracking is casting your cares on Jesus, always.

God bless you.

Dudley

It's all in the Book
1 Peter 5:6-11
Matthew 6:25-34
Hebrews 11:6
Psalm 28:6-9


Vo/W
Verse of the Week

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.


Quote of the Week
Sample of Dudley's Fave Quotes

"Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway." --- Mary C. Crowley


Don't Give Up, Look Up!
Look up and Fix Your Eyes on Jesus!

Dear Lord and God, today I do some care-casting in Jesus' name!

"Dear Lord and God, I'm sorry for worrying so much. I realise that I have been consumed by the cares of this world instead of seeking first the things of your kingdom. Today, I lay down all my worries, cares and concerns at your feet. Dear Lord and God, today I do some care-casting in Jesus' name! I cast my cares on you: every financial need, every health concern, every worry about a loved one, every fear of what the future may hold and every offence that I have suffered at the criticisms of others. I do not give up but I rather look up into your eyes for help and my purpose. Thank you that you know my tomorrow and have a plan for my good future. Tonight I will sleep in peace because you are my hope. Amen."

If you want more prayer then email [email protected]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.
Unless otherwise indicated all scripture references in this publication are taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION, NIV Copyright 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

trACker is a service of godtracker.co.uk. Please consider helping towards expenses in delivering this service to you HERE or by visiting http://godtracker.co.uk/

Listen to GodTracker for Radio here: http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

Recommend trACker to a friend.
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or click on http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe


Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print