A Lot of Hot Air
by PamFord Davis

A balloon, minus helium is nothing but a lot of hot air. Even a child knows that it does take a great deal of breath to inflate balloons. Once pricked by a sharp object, pop! The self-centered are 'pompous,' with inflated ego. Egotistical false teachers usually have much to say but little of value to offer. Apostle Paul encouraged Timothy and gave him warnings about the purveyors of error. Some tamper with the gospel.

"If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wrangling of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself (1Timothy 6:3-5 NKJ)."

Paul's advice contains pearls of wisdom. When telling Timothy to withdraw, he showed the seriousness of close association with those who tirelessly try to sway us from truth. I can learn another life lesson from balloons, full of hot air but unsecured and released; they make an unsuccessful show of flying. When deflated, they shrink down to size and nose dive. Such is the finale of the false teacher.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print