Foolishness
by PamFord Davis

"I will not tolerate such foolishness!"

I visualize a plump schoolteacher of the 1950's. She wears her long hair secured with hairpins atop her head in a bun. The strict educator's rimless round eyeglasses repeatedly slip down her nose. Her mouth is drawn and patience is not her forte. Horsing around is inexcusable.

Now, that I've drawn you a picture, erase it. The fore said stance is not a flashback but a still frame. Society as a whole, government leaders in general believe teaching, preaching, and testifying of the cross is foolishness. Touting tolerance, they are intolerant of Christianity.

Such opposition is not new. (1 Corinthians 1:18-31) What the enemies of the cross consider foolishness, is in reality wisdom. It's not simply a matter of opinion, with little consequential differences.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:23-24 KJV)."

I wonder how much longer the LORD will tolerate true foolishness

"The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is' no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good (Psalm 53:1 KJV)." Jesus prayed"Father forgive them; for they know not what they do (Luke 24:34b KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print