Show Me State Frame of Mind
by PamFord Davis

I assume you're familiar with the mindset of one who calls Missouri their home. There is a reason we think of their birthplace as the 'Show Me State.' Gullibility is not a State license plate logo. No, Missouri residents want to see before they believe. That's not a bad idea when listening to the sales spiel of a door-to-door salesman. The wisdom of the Proverbs writer touches on gullibility.

"The inexperienced believe anything, but the sensible watch their steps (Proverbs 14:15 HCS)."

Show me Scripture.

The Lord warns us against false teachers. If the infallible word of God does not back up what they proclaim, they are all talk and no show.

" holding to the form of religion but denying its power. Avoid these people! For among them are those who worm their way into households and capture idle women burdened down with sins, led along by a variety of passions, always learning and never able to come to knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:5-7 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print