Good Things God's Been Up To
by Taylor Hoisington

James 5:13-14, "Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord."

I've been saying a lot lately, "I know I'm called to write, but I just don't know what to write about."

Have you ever heard of writer's block? Yeah, I feel I've been experiencing some of that lately.

There's something I've come to find about me with writing. When I'm going through difficult seasons, I feel I have much more to share than when I am going through seasons that are comfortable and pleasant.

This morning I just decided it was time to write whether something came to mind or not. I thought about the verse above and realized that when I suffer hardships, I write; and if I am sick or suffering, I write. But sadly, in this season of me being happy, I haven't really taken the time to sing God's praises. Sure, I'll thank God, but I want to take this opportunity to share with you some of the cool and amazing things God's been doing in my life.

God's opened a door for me to get to volunteer in the near future at the pregnancy center.

For some of you, you may already know this, but for others that don't already know... pro-life ministries is the number one ministry I feel called to. Watching what God has been doing in opening doors for me in this area and expanding my world blows my mind. I can see Him leading and directing my steps in ways that are completely incredible.

God's opened doors for connection with people that have been on my heart to reach out to whom I felt there was no way I could reach out to them without making them feel weird.

There was someone on my heart to bless, and I thought, "Why is that person so heavily on my heart? They probably don't even remember me, but I have seen them a couple times around town, and I really feel called to do something nice for them." Then, before I knew it, God intervened and made a way for me to do what was on my heart to do. Absolutely incredible!

I've got to see God grow me in my walk with Him. I can finally say in all honesty, "I trust God."

In my last devotional, I shared how God had given me the revelation that He IS for me. I'm happy to say that He is continuing to grow my faith in Him, and to see how He is helping me trust Him more and more makes me so joyful!

These are just a few areas that God's been moving in my life, and I could go on and on. I just wanted to share the good things God's been doing and hope that it'll encourage you that there are many things to be grateful for!

Dear Heavenly Father,

I'm quick to come to You when I am struggling or when I am suffering, but when life is pleasant, sometimes I forget to sing Your praises. I just wanted to say thank You for all that You've been doing in my life. You've been opening doors for me I could never open on my own. You've been growing me in my walk with You and making me into the woman of God You've called me to be. Thank You. Please let this devotional of praise testaments encourage someone today to see that You are still working and that there is much to be grateful for. In Jesus' Name.

Amen.

Taylor desires to use the gift God has given her to write to reach people for Christ. More of her writings can be found on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gods-Girl-Devotionals/1438687046349953?ref=hl or in her book God's Girl Devotionals, My Journey Through Life with God by my Side

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print