What Is Your Provision?
by Olawale Ogunsola

On a local fm station in Nigeria on June 29, 2014, a "bomb scare" was reported in a sleepy city in osun state. What really stired my "write brain" was the statement that people in the area where the "bomb" was planted fled from their houses for safety.

If you were in the area, will you or not join them?

A question that went on rampage in my mind was " where were they running to and how save was there "safe zone?" Asumming their was a bomb blast and their houses were destroyed , where will they live?

In life generally, there are evil things that happen suddenly and affect living things - including mankind. Anytime such takes place, people run in different directions. People run to different organizations, governments and other various agencies. It is not bad to do this and it is interesting and right to do so.

However, there is a permanent and better provision for those who recognise their Maker as the ultimate "place" or "Person" they can run to.
" The name of the Lord is a strong fortress ;
the godly run to him and are safe
The rich think of their wealth as a strong defense;
they imagine it to be a high wall of safety." Pro 8:10-1 (NLT 2nd Ed)

Do you also think that all you have can be a wall of safety? Those scared by the bomb rumour left their houses with all that they had in it. What they thought could save them were abandoned. Do you ever think that there are events that can turn your back away from those things you have? I don't pray that any evil befall you but I call your attention to the only unfailing fortress available -- the name is J-E-S-U-S.

He assures,
" come (run) to me, all of you who are weary
and carry heavy burden, and I will give you rest
...and you will find rest for your souls." Matt 11:28 & 29(d).

It is not only a bomb scare but a bomb blast that can take place to claim lives. No wonder that the scriptures says,
" And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world
but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?. Matt 16:26.
I pray that you will not lose your soul and no evil will befall you and all that are yours in Jesus Name.

Henceforth, run into the safest fortress, and live there forever without fear.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print