Significant Adjustments
by PamFord Davis

I grow tense and timid when coerced to make significant adjustments through circumstances. Change 'is' inevitable but not always convenient. In my early days of working in radio, sustained close up reading of news and commercial copy led to headaches. I needed eyeglasses. In time, I learned to adjust to the vision aids.

Now, at age 65, my hearing is going. I have not checked into hearing aids yet, but have heard stories of how they require time to adjust. Some tell of vast hearing improvement while others complain about discomfort, sharing how annoying it is to hear their own voices at increased volume. It does call for lifestyle adjustments.

At least I still have most of my teeth! That's a positive attitude. Hmmlet's consider attitude adjustments. I tense up when coerced through Holy Spirit conviction. He is right; I do complain too much and tend to want to retaliate when confronted with criticism. I'm well aware of my daily need for attitude adjustments. Is that change sustainable?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, we must also follow the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-25 HCS)." I submit to the Holy Spirit; He will empower me to change.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print