Dogs and Cats
by Brian Passe

I'm a dog guy; dogs have a personality while cats have an attitude. If you have a dog you know what I mean. With dogs, you come home tired and late and all they can do is jump up-and-down wagging their tail and slobbering all over your face when you sit down next to them. Cats, on the other hand, give you a dirty look no matter what kind of day you've had or what time of day you come home. My dogs make me feel welcome when I come home, cats however, make me feel like I'm intruding on their domain and interrupting something really important.

I can walk out to the garage for ten seconds and when I walk back into the house my dogs wag their tails, smile and give me a big kiss. If I walk into a friend's house just once a year their cat looks at me like I'm an over-stayed boarder who hasn't paid the rent. It's always the same, they rise on all four feet, give a slight stretch as they turn their head towards me and just stare. Those cats just hate me and make absolutely no effort to give me even the slightest kind of a tepid welcome. Their eyes turn dark while making no effort to hide their extended claws of unwelcome. On the other hand, my dogs would welcome a burglar in the middle of the night.

You might think dogs welcoming a burglar is not a good thing, and you would be wrong. Their barking-running-around greeting would alert me to an intruder and give me ample time to respond and protect my home. A cat, however, would send out a "he's deaf and sleeping" message to burglars just to spite me. As the burglar approached my house, a cat would disarm the alarm, close my bedroom door and carry the house keys through the pet door to the back yard. It wouldn't surprise me if the cat held a light to make it easier for the burglar to unlock the door.

My grandson often asks me if there will be dogs in heaven. I always tell him yes because God made and loves all animals. He then asks me if there will be cats in heaven. I always tell him, "Don't worry, there's a special place for cats." Thankfully, he never asks me where that place is.

I've lived with chronic pain all my life.  My writing is often about living a full life with pain.  Saved by God's grace in 1993 has opened up my life to the love of a Godly wife and the assurance of a new body when I cross the threshold of eternity. www.hiswords.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print