Uphill Climb
by PamFord Davis

I live in flatland territory, suitable and satisfactory for our local Louisiana Delta agricultural-economy. Yet, as a product of rural Upstate NY, my heart yearns for rolling hills. In my mind's eye, I clearly see my old Mycenae hillside view from our living room window.

It took no effort to look up through windowpanes to the hill or below to its cow pasture. With great difficulty, I frequently made up hill climbs. Difficult days lie ahead for Christians. Are we up to the challenge?

"But know this, difficult times will come in the last days. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, without love for what is good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to the form of religion but denying its power. Avoid these people (2 Timothy 3:1-5)!"

Faith compels me to continue in the uphill climb.

"Yahweh my Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer and enables me to walk on mountain heights (Habakkuk 3:19 HCS)!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print