Days of Old
by PamFord Davis

I am not a history buff; facts and figures have always alluded me. Yet, I am an apt listener of pertinent information about the faith of America's founding fathers. Historical documents tell inspiring stories of their sacrifices, patriotism and consecration to God. Currently, writers of textbooks are excluding the majority of this historical fact. The Jewish fathers, as head of their homes also served as historians. They diligently preserved and proclaimed miraculous stories of Jehovah's intervention on behalf of His chosen people.

"We have heard with our ears, O God; our fathers have told us [what] work You did in their days, in the days of old. You drove out the nations with Your hand and it was Your power that gave [Israel] a home by rooting out the [heathen] peoples, but [Israel] You spread out. For they got not the land [of Canaan] in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them; but Your right hand and Your arm and the light of Your countenance [did it], because You were favorable toward and did delight in them (Psalm 44:1-3 Amplified Bible)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print