God of Infinite Love
by Carolyn Kenney

The infinite love of God is beyond measure and beyond comprehension. There is nobody on the face of the earth who will love you in the same way or to the degree that He loves you. From the beginning of time, God knew that one day He would call you forth into being. He blessed you with many gifts and asks you to use these gifts in order to accomplish something for Him right now in this particular time and place. He needs your love and talents to help bring about a world where everyone is free to live in peace. He asks you to be His arms and His voice and to touch someone's life - for the better.
God is alive in the deep recesses of your heart and soul. He is alive in your innermost being and speaks to you in the quiet moments of life. At that time, His love permeates your being; your soul experiences graces which you never knew existed. It is at this intimate moment that heaven reaches to earth and all God's children are enriched by His presence.
God, who is infinite love, is also infinite creator. On a mild summer night, spend time outside where you can gaze in awe at the moon and myriad stars. Or, on a mild summer day, walk slowly around your yard and with admiration and respect notice the bushes, flowers and trees nestled neatly around your house. God sustains all this infinite beauty for your enjoyment. Look at your family. God created your mother, father, spouse, children and friends. He created us all from the depths of His love; He knows us better than we know ourselves.
God is present in the whisper of the wind, in the soft petal of the flower and in the steady hands of the surgeon as new life comes into the world. He speaks to us in so many different ways, but we are deaf to His voice due to the demands of the world around us. He speaks to us in the simple joy of spending time with our families. However, we are too busy at work or school to notice one another. He speaks to us in the smile of the stranger we pass on the street. Do we notice Him? Do we hear His voice gently speaking to our hearts, calling our name and urging us to follow Him? We cannot physically see God as we see one another. However, He is present in every move we make, wherever we go and whatever we do. His love extends beyond time and space as seen in the ever-present beauty that constantly encompasses us.
Was there a day not too long ago when you saw a beautiful sunset? It was so breathtaking you could not take your eyes off it. You wanted to capture that moment and keep its beauty locked forever in your heart. As you gazed at that wonder of God's creation, did you say to yourself, "Is there anything as beautiful as this sunset?" Did you hear God as He answered with the richness and fullness of His love, "Yes, you."

For over four years, Ms. Kenney has writen weekly articles for her church bulletin.  Some of these reflections developed into a short devotional book titled "Meditations of the Heart."  Her interest is devotional and childrens writing.  Her website is www.myspace.com/carolyn8390

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print