We Live In a World of Darkness
by Henry Miranda

2 Corinthians 6:14 (NKJV)
Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?


This world and this world's kingdoms are under the domain of Satan (Ephesians 6:12). Satan is presently called the "god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4). Even Jesus refers to this world kingdom belonging to Satan (Matthew 12:26) Because of the fall of man and because of this act of disobedience all mankind has a sinful nature. Romans 5:12 ( NKJV ) Therefore, through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned.

The devil comes to steal, kill, and to destroy. Satan is not your friend, but he pretends that he is, and he will do whatever it takes to keep you from God. We once were of this world and a friend with the devil. But now we belong to God and are a friend of God.

The devil does not like losing his own and will try every trick he knows to turn you away from God. That's were spiritual warfare comes in.

We need to be an example to our friends, neighbors, and the stranger down the street, that they would want what they see in us. We changed from a life of destruction to a life of eternal joy!

Satan will do whatever it takes to keep this world in darkness. He is totally against anything that God has planned for us. He is a great imitator of what God does but always in the opposite direction against God.

Have you ever been inside a candy store? You see all these different kinds of candies and goodies and they all look so good and tempting. They are made that way so they can catch your attention and you will buy some. The world can be seen in the same way as having many different kinds of pleasures to tempt you. But we need to remember that everything of the world will only leads you away from God.

Jesus who lived and dined among sinners was a very good example as to how we should be. We are not to isolate ourselves from the world we are to live here with the ungodly people.

We should not be like the monks who withdrew and isolated themselves from the mainline society during the Middle Ages or Medieval Times. They were a poor testimony to Christ. They kept to themselves instead of going out and spreading the Gospel to help those in darkness. We must live together as the parable of the wheat and tares that Jesus outlined for us states.
Matthew 13:24-30 (NKJV)

The world is in darkness because of sin and whoever is born of this world has a sinful nature. So we must be a light that shines in the darkness to help those who are blinded by this world and living in darkness to see the light of Christ.

Christians who separate themselves from the world and seek to escape it do not know Christ. As Christians we must live among the people who live in darkness in this fallen world. We live in this world so our light will shine in the darkness, for light exposes darkness.

Therefore as Christians our outward life should reflect our inward life. The work that the Holy Spirit has done inside us should come out for the world to see and that would glorify our heavenly father.

We live around sinful people, though we don't have sinful partnership or fellowship with them. We do not partake in their unfruitful deeds of darkness for God has delivered us from the power darkness.

We must also understand that being in the world, but not of it, is necessary if we are to be a light to those who are in spiritual darkness. We are to live in such a way that those outside the faith see our good deeds and our manner and know that there is something different about us.

Being in the world also means we can enjoy the things of the world such as the beautiful creation God has given us. But we are not to immerse ourselves in what the world values, nor are we to chase after worldly pleasures.

Worldly pleasures are no longer our calling in life as it once was but we must pursue Godly pleasures. As Christians we can have wants and needs God wants to bless us and to live an abundant life.

So let your light shine ever so brightly as the guiding light, that hope is seen through you. Let your light be: BRIGHT---- BEAUTIFUL----DESIRABLE.


Matthew 5:14-16 (NKJV)
"You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.



Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print