God's Little Flowers
by Carolyn Kenney

God's little flowers breathed in the refreshing air of a new day; the date was September 11. These small human petals of delicacy were intent on creating a harmony of love in the individual gardens of their lives. God gazed lovingly at the little flowers and saw the beauty their souls emanated to one another. Each little flower reflected its own unique beauty; together they blended into a sea of splendor in the garden of humanity.

Suddenly, the little flowers found themselves floating in a light gray mist. The Master Gardner reached down into the garden of earth, plucked the little flowers one by one and placed them gently in His arms of love. He planted the little flowers in His garden where they could flourish forever. Their colors are now breathtakingly beautiful. Their joy is now unending.

We are each a beautiful flower in the eyes of God. We each reflect a beauty unique to ourselves never to be duplicated. The lives of the men and women who died on September 11 held a deep meaning and purpose, which will be forever treasured in the hearts of everyone. Each one of us has a purpose in life. We have been planted in the garden of God's creation to grow, to flourish and to enrich those we meet on our journey through life. We carry within us certain gifts that are placed by God in our souls. These gifts must be watered with His graces. These gifts must be fed with His guidance, His blessings and with His body in the Eucharist.

Look around at this magnificent creation of life. We are not robots, but are living, breathing, loving human beings who look for meaning and hope in our lives. The color of hope is green. Look at the grass, bushes and trees - all green. We are surrounded and enveloped with - hope. Put your hope in God. May He enrich and enlighten you as to the purpose of your own unique role in creation. We are each deeply and profoundly loved by God; His love for us will never, never end.

For over four years, Ms. Kenney has writen weekly articles for her church bulletin.  Some of these reflections developed into a short devotional book titled "Meditations of the Heart."  Her interest is devotional and childrens writing.  Her website is www.myspace.com/carolyn8390

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print