I Was Wondering
by Ramona Cook

"What purpose do flies serve in our world?"

I know that "hate" is a strong word, but I do believe I hate them. Yet I know they are created by God, as is everything on the earth created by God, so I googled, "What purpose do flies serve?"

I discovered interesting information and found that flies do indeed serve some good purposes along with being filthy disease spreading pests.

I had no idea that flies serve as pollinators' of flowers, as do the bees. They are also a part of the food chain for other animals and insects, frogs for instance delight in a fly dinner. Spiders catch them into their webs and feast on a fly blood meal.

I will have more respect for them in the future, but it remains an established fact that if they come into my house, I pronounce them dead!

We can learn many lessons about God from information gathered about our natural surroundings: all of it is His idea. In the beginning of time God called all that He had created "good." Obviously, something went amiss.

It did. We learn about what happened in the book of Genesis in the Holy Bible.

In Genesis 2: 15 we read that God gave Adam a beautiful Garden in which to live and everything in that Garden was for him to both tend, and to enjoy for food, except for one tree whose name was, "The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil;" God told Adam, "Do not eat of that Tree because the day you ever do that, you will die."

So Adam decided to eat of that Tree, and even today, as did Adam, and his wife Eve, and every other human being since then, eventually come to the day of their death.
Genesis 3: 1 - 6 Romans 5:12

However, for our great and good fortune, God is One Who loves us and He made provision for us to be made alive again in our spirit, and in our bodies. Romans 5: 6 - 17

He made a body inside the womb of a virgin girl and then He came to live in that special body. That body was made just like ours and of the same stuff as ours is made, but the Person living in that body was God Himself. Matthew 1: 23

The Scriptures call that Person, "Jesus." Jesus called Himself, "The son of man," on many occasions as well as admitting that He was "The Son of God."

Interestingly, Adam the First is also called, "The son of God," and Jesus is also called, "The Second Adam." Luke 3: 38

Both Adam #1 and Adam #2 have the commonality of being especially made by the express design of God Himself. The rest of us are created by God, but by natural processes which God oversees.

When Adam disobeyed God, (termed by the word "Sinned,") the entire creation of earth was placed under a curse that would have to wait for redemption, or restoration.

That Restoration happens in a process of time; mankind, we Adams of today, have now a way to be restored by the blood of Jesus, which He shed when He died and when He rose from the grave into which He was placed. Ephesians 2: 13

The rest of creation has to wait until Jesus comes back again, and has put Satan in the fire filled place He has made for him. At that time, I am assured the flies will have a different status among us and we will no longer consider them an object of disgust and deserving of death.

Like the fly we were created for good purposes. Like the fly, we often spread corruption among ourselves. Like the fly, we do some things right and good, but still are capable of disgusting behaviors.

Unlike the fly, we do not have to wait any longer for restoration and severance from the curse placed on Adam's Race, being all humanity; we have restoration and deliverance available to us today by accepting Jesus into our hearts and lives. Romans 6: 20 - 23

Jesus is eager to restore us, and all we have to do is to ask Him to come into our hearts and save us from the curse. Revelation 3: 20

That is the promise of Jesus.

Acts 2: 21


Ramona: 09/17/2014

Ramona,  Master in Ministry Arts, BA in Biblical Studies, I am an Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print