Surely In The Beginning Before Abraham Was Jesus Christ Was
by Ngozi Nwoke

How well do you know Christ? A person you understand is the person you can risk following. And knowing his origin and background makes it easier trust him. Christ's story is well spelt out in the scriptures and we will be exploring it in this article.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.. - John 1:1-3, 14 (NKJV)

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." - Genesis 1:26 (NKJV)

Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." - John 8:58 (NKJV)

Jesus Christ was from the beginning of creation. He is not a man who surfaced at the time of the New Testament. His existence had been right from the time of God the creator. He only became flesh and dwelt among men during the time of the apostles.

All things were made through Jesus, and nothing was made without Him. We see this confirmed in Genesis 1:26 when God said, "Let Us make man in Our image... " Also, Jesus confirmed His existence long before the New Testament when He told the Pharisees that before Abraham was He is.

Therefore, Christ is your maker and the creator of all you can see. He knows you better than you know yourself. And since He has always been there from the beginning, He understands this world and its system more than anybody. That means He is the best consultant for all world operations.

Also, in spiritual matters He is the most reliable force to camp with. He knows all the devices of the enemy and has counter attacks to defeat the devil any time anywhere. Nothing is new under the sun. That means Christ can tell you of your tomorrow.

Furthermore, the demons in the two demon-possessed men also confirmed the existence of Jesus before the New Testament. In Matthew 8:29, the demons suddenly cried out, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" Jesus has been from the beginning; the demons know it and the spiritual and wise persons know it too.

Christ being from the beginning also means that He has no superior other than God the Father. This makes Him a great authority to reckon with. There is no opposition that can match Him. Lucifer, the devil was also created (Ezekiel 28:12-15) through Jesus and so cannot be compared with Him.

This also means that if He is with you and for you, you are assured of His continuous presence with you. Jesus promised in Hebrews 13:5 that He will never leave you nor forsake you. And in Matthew 28:20, He also said that He will be with you always, even to the end of age. He can make such promises because He has been from the beginning and knows that He will still be there by the end of the age.

In the beginning was the Word (Christ), and Word was with God and the Word was God - John 1:1. Christ has been with God from the beginning and so is the best access to God. Jesus said it Himself in John 14:6 that no one can come to God except through Him. So if you have been trying to reach God, congratulations, Jesus is your bus stop; you will not need to search again. Christ is the eternal way to God!

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print