Playground in My Mind
by PamFord Davis

I dedicate this devotion to my husband Norm's Granny, Lucille McCallie LeMasters. She was a very special lady. Back in the 1970's, she took a fancy to a popular country music-pop crossover song.

Clint Holmes' 1973 recording of 'Playground in My Mind' ranked at #2 on Billboard's Hot 100.
It had sing-a-long lyrics and a catchy rhythm, making it easy to like and hard to get off your mind. Today, the LORD brought children's playgrounds and this oldie-but-goodie to mind.

Never would the concept of linking time management, a desire for a closer walk with the LORD and children in a playground occur to me; it had to come from the LORD. Think back to when you were a child

In Fayetteville-Manlius Elementary School, I looked forward to recess and going outside to the playground with classmates. There were swing sets, slides, teeter-totters, chin-up bars, merry-go-rounds, and monkey bars. Only rarely, did I stay at one of the play areas.

I walked, ran or skipped from one to another. I wanted to squeeze in as much fun as possible during the allotted fresh air and exercise time by our teacher. School officials had set aside all of that ground area for fun, not just the swing set section, all of it.

In my retirement, I have a full schedule. When I bog down, I lose the joy of my journey. I desire more in depth Bible Study time, intimacy in communion with God through prayer, extra time to write, and physical exercise time. How can I fulfill this yearning?

I'm going to the playground in my mind by ascending out of my rut. I'm going to flit from one to-do activity to another like a child at play. I'll work at one a few minutes; then, I'll excitedly move to another, for a few minutes there.

I am God's child; he is giving me the desire of my heart.

"Delight yourself also in the LORD,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart
(Psalms 37:4 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print