Practicing Righteousness by Faith
by Gregory John Monroe

One of the elementary things learned in the Christian walk is that good works done in our own strength are not truly good, such motivation coming from a sinful nature of pride and selfishness. Instead, we want not only to be motivated by God's compassion, but to actually let the perfect qualities and the righteousness of Jesus display itself in our flesh.

This begins by practicing; making it a habit to go to the cross every day by way of the word of God, reflection and prayer; preferably early in the day. Continue by stepping into faiththe belief that Jesus will manifest His righteousness through us if we ask Him to do so. If we choose to practice discipline in this way, it would be the same as putting on the mind of Christ.

One of my favorite Christian writers, Ellen G. White, said this about that.

"If we consent [to Christ living in and through us], He will so identify Himself with our thoughts and aims; so blend our hearts and minds into conformity to His will; that when obeying Him we shall be but carrying out our own impulses."

When that happens; when we are in oneness with God in that way; His character becomes our character; His righteousness our righteousness. For we will be acting based solely upon having put on His thoughts, feelings, and motivations.

The good works then performed will be coming from His pure unselfish virtue. And it can then be said that we have become what He created us to becomeHis actual righteousness (2 Cor. 5:21).

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print