Dangers of Rape
by Olawale Ogunsola

Lust is the origin of rape. It is part of the works of flesh. Rape is a foolish act that gains ground in recent times speedily. In every sense, there is no value in this ungodly sexual act.

Now, let us briefly examine some of the dangers of this evil act.

1. It incurs the wrath of the people. The family members of the lady in question will not take kindly the evil work done against her. Shechem the son of Hamor, the Hivite involved himself in rape with Tamar the lone daughter of Jacob. When the information became known to her brothers, they were "grieved and very angry, because he had done a disgraceful thing... Which ought to be done." Gen 34:7
It is not only the members of the victim's family, other reasonable and God-fearing people will be angry at such an evil act. Responsible people around will not also be kind toward him.

2. Loss of the rapist's life. Either instantly or later, a rapist can lose his life. If caught in the act, angry people around can lynch him for his evil act- this is possible in developing countries.
Loss of his life can take place later (Gen 34:26) by desception or by a declaration of a court of law-depending on the country's law.

3. Lives of rapist's family members may be lost. Self-revenge has no limit. When people take to this, everyone close to a rapist risks losing his life.
"The wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God."

4. The higher the position of the rapist, the greater will be the consequences. This was the case with Shechem in Genesis 34:25-26. A whole city was destroyed because a prince raped.

5. Loss of properties. Rape could result in loss of properties of the rapist and those of his close associates. Self-revenge on an act of rape can cause wanton destructions of belongings of those who areclose or related to the rapist. Genesis 34:27-29 (in part) discloses,
"The son of Jacob... took their (rapist's people) sheep, their oxen, their donkeys, what was in the city, and what was in the field, and all their wealth..."

Can you see that evil can come upon a city because of a rapist?

6. Rape brings shame of unmeasurable magnitude. The higher the status of the rapist, the greater the shame attached.
The Bible records this about Shechem; in Genesis 34:19c
"He was more honourable than all his household of his father."
Therefore, when he raped Tamar, the shame and penalty was grievous although no one could accuse him among his people.

7. Rape subjects the rapist and his people to pain. Anyone who is in pain becomes powerless. His only preoccupation will be how to be relieved from the pain. Genesis 24:25 confirms what the experience was after circumcision thus:
"Now it came to pass on the third day, when they were in pain..."
Do you need to subject yourself and others to unnecessary pain?

8. It leads people into servitude. When a rapist is finally caught, many times, he must agree with the terms and conditions laid down by those who are on the side of the victim.
This was the case with Shechem and his people. They agreed to be circumcised. Those who were not killed were camed into slavery Genesis 34:29.

9. Eternal damnation. No sinner will inherit the kingdom of God. So it is with every unrepentant rapist. Mankind does not approve rape , so God cannot. He sees it as an evil act that deserves divine judgment. No unrepentant rapist will go unpunished even in the hand of God.

10. Rape is a sowing generational curse. Everyone who rapes has sown the seed in his generation. The probability is high that his sons will become rapists and daughters will be raped.

Look at these ten points. Considering the dangers, does it make any to rape? Flee from lust and rape!

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print