Is Prayer Over? Four Things Next.
by Olawale Ogunsola

The Scriptures assure us that if we call upon God, He will answer us. Evidences are there that He had answered people in the past. He answers today as proof abounds.

Jesus Christ assures,
"And whatever you ask in my name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." John 14:13-14.

After you have prayed, there are FOUR THINGS to do.

What are they?.

One, you must watch carefully for those things that can rob you of your expected blessings.
Satan, the world and flesh may not prevent you from prayer but can rubbish its juicy results.

Therefore you must be careful of various temptations. Remember that Satan came to tempt Jesus after He had prayed. Thanks to God the Father, He over-came (Matt 4:1-11). You will overcome every temptations after prayer in Jesus Name.

Two, it is a comnon thing to have a heavy heart until you begin to pray. The heavy heart must not hinder you from praying because you are before God to empty the contents of your burdened heart. You must pray your-heart-out.

However, after prayer, rejoicing must begin. You must not leave His presence with a heavy heart. It is in the presence of God that there is fullness of joy. You must therefore contact and connect (with) this fullness of joy and display same everywhere you go.

Appostle Paul instructs,
"Rejoice evermore.
In everything give thanks..." (I Thess 5:16,18a. KJV)

Joy is a fruit of the spirit you must display for the whole world to see. (Galatians 5:22b).
After her prayer at Shilo, the Bible records about Hannah
"So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad." (I Sam 1:18c-d: KJV)

After your prayer, begin to rejoice, it is your strength.

Three, to "hasten" your prayer result, begin to thank God because you are convinced that He has answered you prayer and that it will manifest soon. He has answered you in the past, He will answer now and in future, thank Him.

"O give thanks unto the Lord; for
he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
To him who alone doeth great wonders:
for his mercy endureth for ever. ( Psalm 136:1,4. KJV)

Apostle Paul supports this in his first epistle to the Thessalonians when he counselled,
"In everything give thanks: for this the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. " (I Thess 5:18)

After your prayer , give thanks!

Four, after prayer, it is not good to do anything rashly. Do not follow the leading of your (the) flesh. Eschew every self-will or permissive will of God.

Therefore , make sure you are led by the Holy Spirit to take the next action(s) necessary ; then you will not act wrongly. This is an evidence that you are a child of God according to Romans 8:14.

Jesus assured,
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name , he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you " (John 14:26. KJV)

After your prayer, your Comforter, Holy Ghost, is ready to give you vivid instructions as to what next to do to reap the fruits of your prayer for the glory of the Lord Jesus and benefits of mankind.
Stay blessed and rapturable.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print