WILL WE KNOW EACH OTHER IN HEAVEN?
by Jeffrey Hagan

by Rev. Jeff Hagan, DCE, DMin, (ThD)

Introduction:

This is a tough question as it involves a lot of emotion. It's an age-old question that comes to our minds specifically when we lose a loved one. People want to hear an unequivical "yes" as an answer to this question. However, we can't just answer theologically questions according to whether or not a persons emotions will be satisfied. We must go to Scripture for answers to these types of questions. So, let's do that very thing right now.

Biblical Evidences:

1. Luke 24:40, "And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet" (ESV). - The resurrected and glorified body of Jesus Christ was a real, palpable object, and his disciples were able to recognize him after his resurrection. So, our glorified and resurrected bodies will likewise be real and palpable.

2. Luke 16:19-31 - All of the key characters here: the rich man, Lazarus, and Abraham, clearly recognized each other.

3. 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20, "For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? For you are our glory and joy" (ESV). - What is being said here, in context, is that Paul's joy and/or crown in heaven is going to be the Christians in Thessalonica that he played an essential role in bringing to Christ.

4. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - Here we have the Bible comforting us with the assurance that will will be able to recognize, and even be with, our loved ones for eternity.

5. Luke 9:28-36 - Peter, as well as those with him, seemed to instinctively be able to recognize Moses and Elijah.

6. 1 Corinthians 13:12, " For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known" (ESV). - This passage appears to be addressing more than just aspects of knowledge and wisdom. It includes the idea that we will be known even as we are known.

Conclusion:

I think what it boils down to is that we will definitely be at least as discerning in heaven as we have been on earth. Now we see only a weak mirror image, but then we will see things clearly. We will see things as they really are - face to face.

Jeff Hagan is the President of True Grace Ministries and Theological Institute. Interested? www.preacherjeff45.wlxsite.com/truegracetheolgical

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print