Be Strong in the Spirit
by Henry Miranda

We are nothing without God, but through the Holy Spirit we can do all things.

Romans 5:5 (NKJV)
"5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

John 20:21-22 (NKJV)
"21 So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."

Why did Jesus breathe on His disciples? Because While Jesus was still with the disciples, the disciple had a limited measure of the Holy Spirit but after the resurrection Jesus gave them the full Holy Spirit. So they could be empowered to do the things that needed to be done. They received the Holy Spirit to prepare them for the full baptism of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. For receiving the Holy Spirit is something different from the baptism of the Holy Spirit which they experienced at Pentecost.

When Adam was created, God breathed into him the Holy Spirit. But when he fell, the Holy Spirit was removed from him. We can say his spiritual eyes were open until he fell into temptation then his spiritual eyes were closed

Acts 1:8 (NKJV)
"8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

I remember that before I was a Christian I was in the world, but I never looked at the world. After I received Jesus Christ in my life my spiritual eyes were open. Then I noticed all the beauty and wonder of the world. It is a new birth because you are born into a different world. It may be the same world, but the world looks a lot different after receiving the Holy Spirit.

Ephesians 3:16 ( NKJV )
"16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man,"

When we become born-again Christians God places His seal of ownership upon us. The seal of God's ownership is the Holy Spirit indwelling in our hearts. After the Holy Spirit has regenerated our hearts and the life of Christ has been imparted, the Holy Spirit will never leave us or forsake us. The Holy Spirit makes such a radical change in us that our whole personality is bent on doing the will of God. The Holy Spirit is our ultimate helper and sanctifier. When we yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit has the power to help us resist sin and make a positive change in our lives.


Acts 2:1-4 ( NKJV )
When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Receiving the Holy Spirit is different from the baptism of the Holy Spirit. When we become born-again Christians the Spirit of God comes in and joins with our spirit. This "indwelling Spirit" reproduces the life of Jesus in us. Whereas the baptism in the Holy Spirit is an empowering for service. The outpoured, or baptizing Spirit reproduces the ministry of Jesus including miracles and healings.


When we are saved the Holy Spirit comes inside us but when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit we are completely engulfed by the Holy Spirit.

The Scriptures are the instructions of how our spiritual lives should be like and to shine light on the areas that need improvement to experience spiritual growth. We can only do things through the power of the Holy Spirit and not through our own abilities. We must always yield to the Holy Spirit.

If you want God to be in control of your life you must be willing to let go of your plans and be willing to use God's plans. You must be willing to let the Holy Spirit make the necessary changes in your life to turn you around from the world's way of thinking to Gods plans and purpose for your life.

We must quit holding onto our own plans. Ask yourself this question: Are you willing to let the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you? Are you willing to trust that God will lead you through all situations? We must truly believe that the Holy Spirit is the power of God.

The Holy Spirit helps us develop fully into being what our Lord Jesus wants us to be, and equips us to do the work of the ministry that Jesus has for our purpose in this world. It is only the Holy Spirit that can change us into more mature Christians. It does not happen because of our cleverness, education, charisma, or will power. We cannot come into full Christian maturity without the help of the Holy Spirit.


Romans 8:13-14 (NKJV)
"13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God."


Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print