Praise Him In Advance!
by Lisa Walker Thomas

It's been such a long time since I've written anything here. I believe I began writing on Faithwriters in 2004 just as a means to express my love for the Lord and to think it's now 2014. So much has changed in my life, I'm married, I've changed jobs, I've gained a few pounds, and I've lost some people along the way but in all of this what has been ever present in my life has been the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus says in his word, Lo I am with you always even until the end of the world. Well the world is still going and he has never once left my side and for that I praise God! As I write this I realize how much I miss this, how much I miss being here and being filled by a body of believers willing and obedient in the sharing of their gift, how powerful is that?

My husband went through chemo this year, we finished nine months of chemotherapy and he is doing well. Do you know why he's doing better well I tend to believe it's because the Lord was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquity, the chastisement of our peace is upon him, and with his stripes my husband is healed, delivered and set free! In Jesus Name! Hallelujah and Glory to God!

That alone deserves a victory shout of praise! You see I learned you can't wait on the Lord and be quiet....no, don't do that! But you have to PRAISE HIM IN ADVANCE! Sight unseen! Hey Now!!!!

Oh Magnify the name of the Lord with me, and let US exalt his name together! I couldn't help but say that. You see it's so easy to get caught up in circumstance to look at what's right in front of us and become discouraged because what we see is lack, or not enough, or we see pain, or we see or inflict hurt...but the bible declares: We look not at the things that we can see, for the things we can see are temporal and the things which we can't see are eternal.

After all, we can't see God. You see God is a Spirit and those that worship him MUST worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. So when we worship in the spirit we worship in the realm of the unseen. And if we believe that God is who he says he is, and he will do what He said He will do, then not only do we worship him for the seen, WE PRAISE HIM IN ADVANCE FOR THE UNSEEN!!!!!

It is the things that we can't see that command our hearts to faith! True faith is expectancy in the unseen, we believe, we hope, but do we expect? And if not, why not? How can we say we believe God but our expectation is that our circumstances will remain the same? Why do we look at these man made sources, because at the end of the day I don't have sources, you see, God is my ONLY SOURCE! And because God is my Only Source, I Praise Him in Advance, sight unseen, because if I wait on the Lord I'm loud about it! I'm walking around my Jericho Walls 7 times, I'm shouting a victory shout of praise, I'm blessing his name and I'm praising him in advance, because I wait with expectancy in Jesus Name! To God be the glory for the things HE HAS DONE!!!

Lisa Walker Thomas is an author, speaker, writer, playwright and all around talent.  Her books on love, pretense and hypocrisy have no doubt made her a formidable literary opponent.  Lisa has a palpable love for the word of God and a heart for hurting people.  You can visit her website at www.lisawalkerthomas.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print