Love
by Cyril Almond

1 Corinthians chapter 13.

If i speak in tongues of men and of angels. But have not love i am only a resounding gong, or a clanging cymbal. Now there is a statement, if you listen to a symphony orchestra and hear the cymbals when they are played.

Then that is a sound that if you were near enough or had the sound turned up and earphones on. Then we would not be able to stand that sound. So how do we think that God feels. When i was doing my National service i was in the artillery. If you were near enough to a gun that was being fired. Serious damage could be done to your ears, if you did not have ear plugs in your ears.

i am from a Pentecostal background. So i am used to the speaking of tongues, when there is godly love in the speaker it is beautiful. And so right and there is something in that tongue that is for an individual or the congregation.

But when there is no love in there it will not only seem to be wrong. It is like a grating sound in your ears. There has been a lot of teaching on the manifestation of the gifts of the spirit. As per Galatians chapter 5.

Once again love is the main thing here. So by now we should be getting the message. Paul goes on in 1 Corinthians to list things such as prophesy and knowledge and faith that can move mountains. But without love they mean nothing. Divine love is the one thing that the world will sit up and notice.

Because we know the difference between cosy club members that meet on a Sunday. Go through the motions and than live worldly lives. And those where there is real divine love. This is the love the brought crowds to listen and see Jesus.

I will apply this one to myself. I still have much to learn about divine love. I can only learn this from my Jesus as i sit at his feet. There are people who say that in this day and age you can not do that.

Oh yes we can, when we sit and be quite for a while. And ask the master of love to teach us. Instead of going on and asking him for answers to prayers that are out of his will.

Come on brothers and sisters of mine. Let us have a ball with Jesus and sit at his feet in the power of the Holy Spirit. He will teach us all things in spirit and in truth. And it is done in love, wow!. Yes please i want to be taught the ways of Divine love. Like to join me, on our knees. Our Jesus will say, do not be a stranger, now i am up for that.

My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print