Pastor Appreciation Month
by PamFord Davis

Make a note on your calendar or day planner; October is pastor appreciation month. Offer personal words of encouragement; pray for them. As one who answered God's call, they need our support.

"But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work (2 Thessalonians 5:12-13a NAS)."

A pastor's work is often thankless and leads to discouragement and burnout. It need not be; we have both a responsibility and privilege to pray for their ministry and outreach. Apostle Paul requested prayer for boldness

"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak (Ephesians 6:18-20 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print