Plus One Minus One
by Olawale Ogunsola

This is a simple Mathematics. Do not be scared by this if you have never fallen in love with the subject.

Do you love to mark or celebrate your birthdays? There is wisdom to remember your birthdays. This should not be annually but daily.

Prophet Moses prays
"So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom."

If the Lord teaches you to count and recount the number of days you had lived, you will have a rethink on how you will live the rest (of your days).

The same Prophet in the same Psalm in verse ten discloses,
"The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years;
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away."

Using the above mentioned years, we have:
seventy years= 25,550 days;
eighty years= 29,200 days;
God's declaration in Genesis 6:3 about man's longevity is
"... yet his days shall be one-hundred and twenty years."
Therefore, one-hundred and twenty years= 43,800days.

One common thing about these expressions is "days and years".
The above calculation was based on a 365-days per year.

Are you aware of the fact that as you ADD a year to your age, you also SUBTRACT same from the total number of years to live? It means the remaining years will reduce. It is "Plus one day (or year) minus one day (or year) equals zero". The zero day is the day of death.

This is the plain truth.

The question now is, "Do you gain a heart of wisdom as you increase in days and years?" It is only if you do this that you can ask yourself "Where am I going after I have fulfilled my days here?"

That is why those who are wise hearted accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and live their days to please Him by following His commandments.

They are the only people who have that assurance in what He said,
"I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:2-3(NKJV)

Are you one of those who can confidently say,
"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" ? Philippians 3: 20

It is a reservation of those who have gained a heart of wisdom that can ask themselves
"...when shall I also provide for my own house?" Gen. 30:30.

Already you have spent years on the earth. Deduct what you spent from any of the calculations above. What do you have left? When shall you begin to provide for your own house (in heaveb)?

Note well that your Maker reserves the right to call you home anytime without any prior notice.

Therefore, it is better for you to wisely decide today to restructure your lifestyle in a way that you will join those whom Jesus Christ is coming to take home anytime.

The words for those who are not wise hearted run thus,
"Aliens have devoured his strength ,
But he does not know it;
Yes, grey hairs are here and there on him,
Yet he does not know it." Hosea 7:9 NKJV

Please, gain a heart of wisdom today as you number your days because Plus One Minus One Equals Zero!

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print