Blue Monday
by PamFord Davis

As I write on this Monday morning, I wonder how many are experiencing 'blue Monday.' My last few days have been a pale shade of blue. I think the main culprits were fatigue, discouragement and the deceiver. Fatigue frequently triggers my rare bouts of blues.

It is as if God uses those times to post a 'STOP' sign in my path. Rest is mandatory, not a luxury. In times of blues, discouragement dogs me. Is what I'm doing making a significant difference? I know too well the cunning of the deceiver; he never misses a trick.

I do not 'miss' the timing of God's message from today's quiet time. Am I blue? No, I'm blessed.

"Happy are the people who know the joyful shout; LORD, they walk in the light of Your presence. They rejoice in Your name all day long, and they are exalted by Your righteousness. For You are their magnificent strength; by Your favor our horn is exalted.
Surely our shield belongs to the LORD, our king to the Holy One of Israel (Psalm 89:15-18 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print