LIVING IN VICTORY
by Justus Ondieki

God wants us to go through processes in our lives. The processes are meant to shape us to become better. But sometimes we may feel that the processes are too hard to go through. God wants us to remember that we are His victorious people, thus it does not matter how painful the processes are, our Father in heaven has prepared a victorious end for us. God wants us to be perfect in the purpose that He has ordained for every one of us. God also gives us the desire to be perfect and to succeed in our heart. God's plan for us is to have a victorious life. God wants us to fill our unique purpose which He has prepared for us.

The word victorious comes from the word victory which means having successes or triumph over enemies. God wants us to be conquerors like Jesus. Jesus experienced everything that any of us could have, He even experienced things which might cause Him fall to sin but still He kept Himself from committing sins. In order for us to be able to retain ourselves we must have the gift which the Lord Jesus has given to us (John 10:10). John 16:33 says that with Jesus we will be conquerors. Romans 8:37 also says that we are more than conquerors in Jesus. All of those promises were given to us, thus how can we have a victorious life? There are four steps that we must do. The first step is to see ourselves in God's perspective. 1 Samuel 16 tells us how David was anointed by Samuel the prophet who had found favor with David's elder brothers. Samuel was distracted by their heights and statures but God disagreed with Samuel. God see at our hearts. Some of us may look down at themselves or hate themselves but Ephesians 2:10 says that we are God's masterpiece. We are made to fulfill our specific purposes from God. As David found his brothers and all the soldiers of Israel trembled by Goliath's taunt, he looked himself as a soldier of God which God shall protect. David was able to defeat the giant with his slingshot.

David saw himself as the giant killer despite all the mockeries of his brothers and the other soldiers. The second step is our faithfulness and obedience in a place or position where God has given for us. We must be grateful at the position and task that we are doing. We need to be dependable in our task and position. God see our heart. Matthew 25:21 says that the Master was happy to see His faithful servants and promote them to rule over greater things. The third step for us is to receive the anointing of the Holy Spirit. We need the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit in order to do God's will and commissions for us which are to spread the gospel (Mark 16:15) and to set people free (Luke 4:18-19). Thus, we need to keep ourselves holy and victorious against all temptations of the evil ones. The fourth step is to humble ourselves. We must realize that only through the presence of God in our lives we may prevail against all temptations of sins. When King David realized that he had committed sins, he seek God and asked for God's forgiveness. David was willing to confess his sin to God and God forgave him. God also said that no other man seeks God's heart like David. Let us rise and take our steps to have victorious lives. Amen.

I am Justus Ondieki born again Christian and loves the Lord. He is my all in all. 
contact me please through:
+254724730603
eMAIL - [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print