Jesus Performed--So We Wouldn't Have To!
by Tonja Taylor

He didn't have to do it. He didn't HAVE to die on the cross.

But He chose tobecause He loved the Father, and because He loved us.

God sent Jesus to earth for that primary purpose (John 3:16), but in the end, it WAS the choice of the Lamb to die for usor not.

After all He went through, even as He hung on the cross in painmuch more emotionally and physically excruciating than we could ever imagine, the King of kings could have called 12 legions of angels (VERIFY) to help Him down from the cross and destroy all those against Him!

But, though He sweated drops of blood, and asked, "Father, if Thou be willing, remove this cup from Me. Nevertheless, not My will, but Thine be done." (Luke 22:42 KJV)

If JESUS hadn't performed.Where would we be? Destined to hell, and without His divine love and faithfulness and protection and strength as we walk this earth! And, because He DID perform, we live under grace. Blessed grace! Amazing, wonderful, precious grace! (Eph. 2:8,9)

I used to battle perfectionismperforming, for God and for others, even for myselfbut the LORD has helped me to understand that only the Blood of Jesus that covers me makes me righteousperfectin HIs sight, and it has nothing to do with my performance! I understand that I am to do everything as unto the LORD and strive for excellence, but that is quite different from perfectionism.

Jesus Performedso we wouldn't have to.

Our goal is to become perfect in Christmature and completeand He will help us!

Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print