Autumn Dance
by Jennifer Cardinal

Ecclesiastes 3:1
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven"
The other day a friend and I shared a moment together, looking out a window and commenting on the spectacular beauty of Autumn. She shared with me a memory of her daughter. She was young, dancing in the falling leaves of the trees as she came home from school . As her mother she would watch her walk up their drive and her young face full of wonder and light that young innocence and joy taking in the beauty and majesty of the fall season. They called it "letting go". The trees would let go of their leaves and they would fall to the ground. When she shared this story with me it made me think of Fall as a wonderful illustration by God of surrender.

The trees let go and surrender their leaves. This process of surrender is a beautiful thing the leaves change into glorious colors of reds, yellows, and oranges and then they ultimately drop and will be no more. Although the tree is naked and bare and the evidence of a coming winter is looming the promise of Spring is also there. The trees give up and let go but in the Spring there will be blossoming and a new season of birth and new life.

Just like the seasons in nature , we have seasons in our lives . We will go through times of birth and creation where everything is alive and new. We will also go through seasons of surrender , when we let go and it most often is followed by a winter. We might feel cold and naked but just like the trees "know" spring is around the corner we can take promise in that too.

Whatever we let go of and surrender ,the death of that will give light to something new. What a beautiful thought to think of letting go of something like the trees that let go of their leaves in the fall. To think that we might, like my friend's daughter, even dance in the leaves that fall and take glory in the process.

Thank you Lord for your truth that you speak into our lives through your words and through your creation that we might know your promises in the evidence of who you are all around us. Even in the seasons we see reasons for the change help us to grab on to this truth in our own lives.

Please contact me personally at [email protected]

My family and I recently moved across the US from NV to CT.  This has brought about great change in our lives as well as in my own personal walk with God. I have re-discovered an old love of mine in this process - writing. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for reading.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print