A Life Well Lived
by Cathleen Magaw

"HE IS MY ROCK AND MY FORTRESS AND MY DELIVERER, IN HIM DO I PUT MY TRUST"

These words are very special to me. They are the legacy my Aunt Elma has left me.
I had the privilege of being with her as she walked through the pain, suffering and fear of the valley of the shadow of death. We longed and she longed for Jesus to come and take her home to be with Him. And while we all waited, her failing voice uttered these words loud and clear, the last words she ever spoke on earth.
With her dying breaths she affirmed her faith in her Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. It was the culmination of a life lived trusting God.
She had many gifts and she used them to enrich the lives of others. Like the rest of us, she had her faults and failings too, but her overriding quality was her faith in God and she encouraged us to put our faith in Him too.
Throughout her life she testified of her God - a God who could be trusted, who was always with her and who never let her down. In her final hours, she affirmed this, leaving these words etched on my memory forever, her final encouragement to me to trust God for this life and for all eternity.
How blessed am I to have had her as my Aunt. Even now, a number of years later, her words come to my mind and help me each day to keep putting my trust in God.
Her favourite verse was Joshua 1v9:
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
She claimed this promise every day of her life and now I claim it too.

Christian GP responding to God's call to go to whoever He tells me and to tell them whatever He tells me to say.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print