How To Be Born-again
by Segun Olumide

This is intended to help those seeking salvation who do not understand very well what it means to be scripturally, truly born-again. It will also help believers communicate it better to the unbelivers. It will empower them to preach the Word of God, not tradition, not dead religion nor human reasoning to those on the verge of eternity, who need the true word of life to rescue them from hell!

WHAT BEING BORN-AGAIN IS NOT

1. IT IS NOT A PHYSICAL EXPERIENCE.
Jesus said, "Flesh gives birth to flesh, the Spirit gives birth to spirit" (John 3:6, NIV).
Your earthly mother gave birth to your body, but only God's Spirit can make your spirit born-again.

2. IT IS NOT LIVING A MORALLY SOUND LIFE.
Cornelius was a man who was committed to religion, feared God, gave alms to the needy and was very prayerful.
Yet an angel appeared to him telling him to meet peter who would preach to him to become born-again (Acts 10:1-48).
So being born-again is more than "I don't smoke," "I don't fornicate," "I don't kill," "I don't steal," "I don't dress like a prostitute," and so on.

3. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT BELONGING TO A DENOMINATION OR LOCAL CHURCH.
Nicodemus, a Pharisee, who came to Jesus by night, was a synagogue leader. Yet Jesus told him, "You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born-again' " (John 3:7, NIV).
Do you that being a pastor or priest doesn't mean you are born-again? I have being preaching to others and have been a member of a denomination or local church since before I got born-again.

4. IT IS NOT WATER BAPTISM.
Water baptism is administered only after one is born-again to show that one's sins are washed away through Jesus' blood.
Paul baptized some born-again believers with water in Ephesus (Acts 19:1-5). Being born-again is even far from 'confirmation' or someone sprinkling water on you.

5. IT IS NOT SPEAKING IN TONGUES.
Jesus said, "And these signs will accompany those who believe. In my namethey will speak in new tongues" (Mark 16:17, NIV).
Only after you are born-again can you receive the ability to speak in a new tongue.

6. IT IS NOT A FAMILY HERITAGE.
"When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. His sin spread death throughout all the world, so everything began to grow old and die, for all sinned" (Romans 5:12, Living Bible).
We were all born as sinners. None of us was born a Christian. But as many of us who have accepted Jesus into our lives are now born-again.

7. IT IS NOT CHANGE OF CHANGE.
Jesus said, "Yes woe upon you hypocrites. For you go to all lengths to make one convert, and then turn him into twice the son of hell you are yourselves" (Matthew 23:15, Living Bible).
Changing from the Islamic, traditional, Buddhist or Hindu religion to nominal Christianity without being born-again will not save anybody.
You may even change your name to Esther, Moses, Paul or Mary. But unless you are born-again, hell fire awaits you!

WHAT BEING BORN-AGAIN MEANS
It is a spiritual experience. a rebirth of the human spirit. Man is a spirit, who has a soul and lives in a body (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
When Jesus said, "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit," he meant our parents (mothers) can only give birth to our bodies (flesh) while only God can give birth to our spirits (John 3:6).
It is being born of God through the recreation of the human spirit. That was why Paul wrote, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV).

HOW TO BE BORN-AGAIN
'That if you confess with your mouth "Jesus is Lord." And believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved' (Romans 10:9-10, NIV).
To be born-again, one needs to take these steps:

1. REPENT
Turn away from the devil. Turn away from sins. Turn to God (Mar k 1:15).

2. BELIEVE
Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose up for your justification. After Jesus had risen from the dead, he appeared to his disciples. But when Thomas who was absent then was told, he protested, "Unless I see Jesus myself and touch him I will not believe."
Days later, Jesus appeared to them again and said, "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN AND YET HAVE BELIEVED" (see John 20:24-29, NIV).

3. CONFESS
Now confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior. Tell him you accept him into your life. This is an automatic rejection of Satan's dominion over your life.
SAY THIS ALOUD TO RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
Also Jesus said, "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses" (Acts 1:8).
And on the day of Pentecost "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance" (Acts 2:4).
Therefore, I receive the Holy Spirit by faith right now and I begin to speak in an unknown tongue (unlearned tongue) as He gives me the utterance.
I command every foul spirit [spirit of fear, spirit of unbelief, spirit of doubt, religious spirit, unforgiving spirit] wanting to hinder me to stop in its evil operation in my life in Jesus' name.
Thank you God for filling me with your Spirit in Jesus' name (Amen).

Books By The Same Author
How to Interpret Dreams and Visions
Why Marriages Break
How To Find The Right Life Partner
Secrets of Financial and Material Prosperity
How to Receive Your Divine Healing
Unfolding the Fivefold Ministry
The Ministry of an Apostle
The Ministry of a Prophet
The Ministry of an Evangelist
The Ministry of a Pastor
The Ministry of a Teacher
Passion for the Lost
Understanding the Call of God
Basic Bible Course
How to Receive the Holy Spirit
Fulfilling Your Divine Destiny
Day of Reckoning:God's Formula for Eternal Rewards
Identifying Counterfeit Ministries
Sanctification:Changing from Inside Out
O Suffering, Why Really Me?
Intimacy with God
The Pastor's Wife
Why Some Churches Won't Grow!
Just Before You Start A Church
How to Prepare and Deliver Sermons
Finding Your Own Ministry
False Doctrines Exposed!

SPECIAL! SPECIAL! SPECIAL!
A MUST READING/VIEW
(Google the following free of charge on the Internet and God will change your life forever.)
1. "Holiness Required For Heaven by Carillo from Bolivia"
2. "Eternal Destinations: Godly Attire and Adornment"
3. "Another Warning by Kingsley Ubani"
4. "Time Is Over : Run For Your Life by Kingsley Ubani"
5. "9 Testimonies on Tithing from Heaven and Hell Visions"
6. "The Dangers of Eating God's Tithes and Offerings"
7. "The Visitation of Jesus to Samuel Oghenetega"
(Crosscheck these testimonies with the Scriptures and if you have questions you may send us an email.)

About the Author
Segun Olumide and his wife, Tosin are founding ministers in the New Apostolic Movement and the Glorious Family Church International both in Lagos, Nigeria. He has a divine mandate to align the Church with God's purpose.
In a vision, the Lord showed him a Bible opened to the Acts of the Apostles with the words "APOSTOLIC CALL" on one of the pages. They reach out through School Of Ministry, School Of Life (Pre-Bible School) and Healing School. His apostolic teachings have blessed the Body of Christ across the nation.

Connect with me online
If God has blessed you through this book, please send me an e-mail to share your testimony, inspiration or reading experience, mail to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/olumide.olusegun.5



All rights reserved.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print