Word of Knowledge
by Donna Kazenske

1 Cor. 12:7-10 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom, through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another the gift of faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues."

The word of knowledge is one of the three revelation gifts as discussed in earlier lessons. The "revelation gifts" are our spiritual eyes and ears. They allow us to see and hear things by the Spirit.

What is the gift of the Word of Knowledge?

It is supernatural revelation, by the Holy Spirit, of certain facts in the mind of God. It is the God-given ability to receive from God, by revelation, the facts concerning something that is humanly impossible for us to know anything about.

It's a gift of the "word" of knowledge. It is not the gift of knowledge.

A word is just a fragment or part of a sentence. A "word" of knowledge is just a fragment or a part of God's knowledge. He gives us a "piece" of His knowledge regarding a particular circumstance or situation.

God has all knowledge. He knows everything, but He does not reveal everything to us. Revelation comes as He wills it to come. He always speaks to His people at the right time. He's never too late, nor is He ever early.

If the Lord wants us to know something, He will reveal it to us. We don't need to know everything. Many of us have been given much revelation. We have it stacked up in the memory banks of our minds, but we never share it or use it to bring Him glory. When the Lord brings revelation to us, we must ask Him what He wants us to do with it. Should we speak it forth, or should we hold it in our hearts? It's not a wise thing to blurt out everything we know if the Lord has not told you to do so. We must be wise and use wisdom in all that we do and say.

We must also learn to walk in the knowledge that has already been given to us. Knowledge will not benefit the kingdom of God unless we have wisdom to use the knowledge according to His leading and direction.

1 Cor. 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

I've known of people who are afraid to be around the prophets of God because the prophets might expose the sin that's prevalent in their lives. Although this is true, the Lord does not want His people living in fear. If there is sin in our lives, we must repent and turn back to the Lord. Prophets only prophesy in part. They don't see the whole picture. The Lord only shows them what is needed at a particular time. If the Lord chooses to expose sin in our lives, we must receive the word given so that we can be set free.


Two Important Factors To Remember:

1. The Word of Knowledge and the Word of Wisdom often work together.

2.The Word of Knowledge brings revelation regarding the past and present.


Some purposes of the Word of Knowledge:

1. To lead souls to Christ.

In John 4:5-18, Jesus said, "Go call your husband, and come here." The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly."

Jesus used a word of knowledge when he spoke to the woman at the well. He spoke to her about her present and past condition. The word of knowledge led her to believe on Jesus.

2. To reveal sickness or to be used in the ministry of healings.

3. To build up faith in someone for healing or whatever ministry they have come forward to receive.

4. To restore the believer back to fellowship with God.

5. To provide encouragement.

6. To reveal demon possession or oppression.


The Word of Knowledge may come in a dream or vision.

1) Daniel 2 - Nebuchadnezzer had a dream. He didn't know the meaning of the dream. Daniel was called in to see if he had understanding of the dream. Daniel prayed to the Lord and the interpretation of the dream was given to him.

2) Acts 10:9-20 - (Verse 19) Peter received a vision from God. The Lord spoke to him and said, "three men are looking for you." Peter was not aware that anyone was at the door of his home. The Lord spoke this information to him by a word of knowledge.


The Gift of the Word of Knowledge can be used to find lost property.

1) 1 Sam. 9:19,20 - Samuel told Saul that the donkeys that were lost had been found.

2) 1 Sam. 10:21,22 - The Lord told the people where Saul was hiding.


Jesus operated in the gift of the Word of Knowledge:

Luke 19:30,31 - Jesus told two of his disciples to go into a village and get a donkey that no man had ever ridden before. He even told them where to find it.


Ananias receives a word of knowledge from the Lord.

1) Acts 9:10-16 - And there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision. The Lord told him where Saul was and what He would have him do. Ananias had no way of knowing that Saul was in a house on Straight street. This was a supernatural revelation from God.


There were supernatural manifestations in the Old Testament as well as in the New Testament.

1) 2 Kings 6:9-12 - The word of knowledge was given to warn a king of the enemy's plan of destruction. The King of Syria was making war against Israel. The Lord spoke to His prophet Elisha and revealed the enemies plans.

2) 1 Kings 19:18 - The word of knowledge came to enlighten and encourage a discouraged servant. Queen Jezebel was out to kill all the prophets of God including the prophet Elijah. She told Elijah that she would have his head also. Elijah sat under a juniper tree and begged God to let him die. He thought he was the only prophet left, but the Lord told him otherwise. The Lord told Elijah, God told Elijah, "You aren't the only one left. I have 7,000 who have not bowed their knee to Baal."


Word of Knowledge can reveal sin or corruption in the church:

1) Acts 5:1-5 - God revealed to Peter that Ananias and Saphira had lied.

We need to hear the word of the Lord. We must ask the Lord to activate the gifts of the Holy Spirit in our lives so that we can be a blessing to the body of Christ. With His knowledge, we can set the captives free. With His knowledge, we can speak a word in due season that will bring life to those who hear it.

Copyright:  November 2014 - Donna Kazenske

Donna is the founder and president of Sure Word Ministries located in Litchfield, IL.  

For more information, please visit the website:
http://www.surewordministries.net

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print