There is Only One Body
by Richard McCaw

There is really only ONE BODY of people in this world that we can rightly call the Church of Christ (not the denomination). The word "church" really means a group of people called out to be different from the world.

Jesus Christ Himself spoke of this group of people. He called it His Church. He asked His disciples one day, "Whom do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?"

They answered, "Some say that You are John the Baptist; some Elijah, and others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets."

But He turned to His disciples once more for their personal opinion of Him. "But Whom do you say that I am?"

Then Simon Peter, that rugged fisherman, spoke out boldly, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

Jesus then said, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood has not revealed it unto you, but my Father Who is in heaven. And I say also unto you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt 16:13-18).

In other words, "You have been blessed, Simon, son of Jonah; for human wisdom has not revealed it to you, but my Father in heaven has. You are Peter, just a little stone and upon this strong rock of your confession of me as Lord, I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not overcome it."

Copyright 2014 by C. Richard McCaw

For further help go to:
http://faithwritersjesuspage.weebly.com/jesus-he-is-your-choice.html

Writing and publishing poetry and short stories since 10 years of age. Published one serialized novel in a youth magazine. Edited two magazines. Wrote freelance articles for newspapers and magazines. Became the center page devotional writer for a weekly political newspaper that reached to other countries as far as Nigeria. Classical and gospel musician and teacher (piano, violin, guitar, vocal, speech dynamics,writing technics, personal evangelism). Published one music book - "The Art of Playing by Ear -Piano Technique for absolute beginners. Pastor, evangelist (preached mostly and trained Christian leaders in high schools and churches between 1965-1994), youth pastor, elder, and father of six, 2 are musicians and teachers. Landscape artist as well. Former Senior piano instructor for Boys' and Girls' Clubs in Ft. Lauderdale. Taught Music, Spanish, Drama, Computer and Art in schools. Ministered the Word in conferences in Trinidad, Montserrat, Curacao, Guyana, Canada, England and the United States. Represented Jamaica in the Caribbean Writers' and Artists' Conference in Trinidad years ago.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print