Working of Miracles
by Donna Kazenske

Cor. 12:7-10 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom, through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another the gift of faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues."

It has been such a tremendous blessing for me to be able to minister in America and in various nations all over the world. Lately, I have sensed a real stirring in the hearts of God's people for true manifestations of His glory, healing and miracle working power. Many are seeking to know the Lord on a more intimate level and are becoming quite bored with the "church as usual" syndrome. Hearts are being touched and eyes are being continuously opened to the supernatural power of God as He sweeps through our assemblies and causes us to know that there is so much more to Christianity than what we have previously experienced.

Believers are becoming more and more dissatisfied with their church's so-called "Revival Meetings" that have been revival in name only. Deep is beginning to call out to deep as we begin to turn our hearts once again toward God and seriously pant for Him as the deer pants for the water brooks. Most of the church world today knows that God has so much more in store for them, yet few are truly pressing in for the continuation of His revelation and saturation.

I have thoroughly enjoyed studying the lives of the great apostles in the book of Acts. I have found their lives to be a wonderful expression and representation of how the Lord uses ordinary people from ordinary backgrounds to do extraordinary things. Although these men were "ordinary" in the natural sense of the word, they had a burning desire within them for more of Jesus.

In Acts chapter four, we find the apostles speaking the word of God with holy boldness. In Acts 4:29-30, we find them assembled together in one accord praying for more boldness. They were not satisfied with the level of boldness that they currently found themselves operating in. They were crying out for more boldness, more healings, more miracles, more souls, more signs and wonders! Did the Lord enjoy their prayer meeting? You bet He did!

In Acts 4:31, the word says, "And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness."

There was an instantaneous response from the Holy Spirit to their heartfelt cries of "more Lord!" Why? Because He loves to pour out His Spirit upon those who are desperate for more of Him! They were not assembling together as a result of selfish gain, glory or ambition. They had given up everything they had so they could follow Jesus. They were meeting together because they had a single eye for the vision that God had birthed within them. Their spiritual eyesight was fully focused upon those who were lost and in need of a Savior. Their spiritual eyesight was fully focused upon the blind, the deaf, the dumb, the lame, the lepers and the demon possessed. Their God ordained plans and purposes caused them to speak the word of God with holy boldness and set the captives free so that Jesus would be glorified in the earth.

Acts 4:31 says they were all filled with the Holy Spirit! Hadn't Peter and John already been filled with the Holy Spirit in Acts chapter 2? Of course! Yet they knew, deep within themselves, that there were more fillings, more anointings, more supernatural encounters with the forces of darkness, and more times of spiritual refreshing and instruction from the Holy Ghost. They wanted to do everything possible to make their lives count for Christ! They wanted everything that God had available for them.

Oh, that the church of the Living God would cry out for all that God has for them today! We are missing out on so much because we have been so consumed with the distractions and pleasures of this world. We have neglected to sit at the Master's feet and receive impartation and revelation from Him. We have neglected to live our lives in the reverential fear of the Lord. We have allowed ourselves to become dull of hearing and hardened in our hearts because of our disobedience and selfish heart attitudes. The church must repent and get back to its first love.

The anointing of God carries with it a costly price tag. The price is not always right or politically correct in the eyes of man, but in God's eyes the price is absolutely right. The price that I am referring to is none other than a "crucified life." Not all are willing to live and walk according to this pattern specifically designed and fashioned by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, but this is where the victory prevails. There is truly a mystery in knowing that death is swallowed up in victory, because death prepares the way for resurrection. Resurrection is the miracle working power of God in action bringing life to that which is dead.

Just as we have seen in our previous studies, the gifts of healings and the working of miracles often work together.

What is a miracle?

A miracle is a supernatural intervention in the ordinary course of nature.

Some examples of the working of miracles:
1) When God delivered His people from Egyptian bondage.
2) When the Lord told Moses to stretch forth his rod and the sea parted.
3) When the widow's cruse of oil didn't fail, but kept flowing out like a fountain until every vessel in the house was full.
4) When Jesus took the little boy's lunch and fed the 5,000.
5) When Jesus spoke to the storm and said, "Peace, be still."
6) When someone born without a foot suddenly sees a new foot appear.
7) When broken bones are instantly knit together.
8) When people are raised from the dead.

The gift of the working of miracles is not some far-fetched idea that was made up by man and his infinite wisdom. The working of miracles is a gift of the Holy Spirit for the body of Christ today.

When the Lord performs creative miracles, it catches the attention of both the saved and the unsaved. Five-fold ministers, especially evangelists, who are truly appointed by the Lord, will quite frequently operate in the gift of the working of miracles. Open-air crusades have the capacity to draw thousands and sometimes millions of unsaved individuals into the realm of the supernatural arena of the Holy Spirit. When the supernatural manifestation of God's miracle working power is released, the result is usually a Holy Ghost explosion of faith and salvation.

If you have ever done a study of the miracle working power of God in the Old Testament, I'm sure that two of your favorite selections for this particular subject would be the prophets Elijah and Elisha. We are all familiar with both of their lives and miracle working ministries. It is said that Elisha performed twice as many miracles as Elijah. This speaks to me of increase!

I believe very strongly in the manifestation and restoration of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Lord God of Elijah desires so much to place His mantle upon each and every one of us. He has called us to do mighty exploits in His name.

Copyright:  November 2014 - Donna Kazenske

Donna is the founder and president of Sure Word Ministries located in Litchfield, IL.  

For more information, please visit the website:
http://www.surewordministries.net

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print