The world
by Cyril Almond

One of the comments i get whilst ministering to young people. Is this, the scriptures you are reading from. This happened years ago in an ancient world. What has this to do with us?. And how can we compare it to our modern world.

They have a point, and that is why i sometimes desert my beloved King James. For a more modern version. Then i will i will marry the two together.

Their world is a mile away from shall we say Paul's day, or even Jesus. Life was much slower then and the world we live in now is fast paced. The advances of modern technology are breathtaking.

For instance, i may be reading from a bible and they will be using a smart phone or a tablet. They will cross reference you in a moment. Now i have nothing against this. But in my Sunday school days i could imagine what was being taught. I could visualize it happening.

But i have this vision of the young people of the church. Doing exciting things for Jesus. They will relate to this modern world. I always say that if you have been there and worn the tee shirt. Then you have a witness.

The Holy Spirit is looking around for people who will worship God in spirit and in truth. He understands this world of ours and the pressures that come with it. Hebrews 10. verse. 25. warns about not forgetting to fellowship together.

So much is happening on a Sunday these days. The enticements are there for all to see. For the young ones more so. I have this dream of mature people guiding the young, and those fields that are white for harvest? The young church of tomorrow are going to be reaping, big time. I find that exciting and awesome. Don"t you?

My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print