Have You Taken Your Own One Portion?
by Olawale Ogunsola

"Moreover, I have given to you one portion above your brothers, which I took from the hand of the Amorite with my sword and my bow." Genesis48: 22.

This statement proceeded from a loving father, Jacob, to his son, Joseph. It was love that prompted him to single out Joseph to possess one portion above other children .

What Jacob gave cost him his sweat. He paid a price to acquire it; his sword and bow were employed; he also put his life at risk. At the end of the day, he gave it to his beloved son, Joseph.

Do you know that this is an equivalent statement from your Lord and Savior? Are you a true child of God? If yes, then you are among your brethren. Each member of God's family has his portion from his heavenly Father. One fact is that each portion is different. This depends on many factors, largely, a believer's sitting, standing and steps before God. Out of His pure love, have you noticed that He had given you ONE PORTION above your brethren?

Note that you were given ONE PORTION which is your exclusive right. It was reserved for you alone. This is what can distinguish you from the crowd. Have you identified it? Please, you must do!

It does not suffice to identify but you must utilize it too. You are solely responsible for taking the portion but make use of it for the glory of God.

Let us consider a parallel story in the life of Saul, who later became the first King in Israel.
When he met Samuel, he said to Saul,
' "Here it is, what was kept back. It was set apart for you. Eat; for until this time it has been kept for you, since I said I invited the people."
So Saul ate with Samuel that day.' I Samuel 9:24

Note well that Saul was not the only person in Israel. He was not the only person who visited Samuel on that day. Note that other people were also invited and given their own portions.

However, Saul's potion was well set apart. It was reserved for and eaten by him alone.

There is a portion the Lord had given to you. Identify and utilize it today.
The portion was taken with the Lord's death and resurrection from the hand of satan and his cohorts. He assured, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go and make disciples of all nations, ..."( Matthew 28: 18-19a)
To do this, He endowed you with a talent; so it now rests on you to take the portion and utilize it.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note:
All Scriptures are from New King Janes Version.


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print