Killing For Wounding?
by Olawale Ogunsola

The statement of Apostle James in chapter 1:20 is entirely right. It reads:
"So then, beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

Wrath destroys! It is a senior officer to anger. Note that anger itself is a letter "d" short of danger. So, anger and wrath are enemies of anything good.

It is not good at all to make a final decision, especially when it is negative, when you are angry. I don't even know how easy or possible to make a good and positive decision when you are angry.

In Ephesians 4:26, every believer is exhorted to be angry with a strict condition that before sunset, it must evaporate. That is God's standard for His people.

Even you must control it efficiently within its short period of its allowed existence. Otherwise, you can say or do foolish things you will live to regret for the rest of your live.

Never become a fool, don't allow your emotion of anger to control you.

If anger is dangerous, wrath is more! It inflates every event that happens. It blows things out of proportions. It leads to award of awkward penalties not commensurate with what happened. The penalty is always more than the offence.

The initiator of murder in the Holy Bible, Cain, killed his brother, Abel, out of sheer envy. Why? God accepted the latter and his offering but rejected the former and his offering.

Anger set in. It grew into wrath which caused murder. Abel was killed for an act he did not author. Cain ought to have ironed things out with his Maker but he did not! He passed the bulk on innocent and righteous Abel. So the Lord avenged him.

"Then Lamech said to his wives:
'Adah and Zillah, hear my voice;
Wives of Lamech, listen to my speech!
For I am killed a man for wounding me,
Even a young man for hurting me.' " Genesis 4:23.

Killing for wounding!

Whether a man is innocent or has commited an offence, wrath is not the solution.

Lamech did not show an evidence that the young man attempted to kill him so in an attempt to defend himself that fellow was killed.

He leaves no one in doubt as to what happened: the young man wounded him intentionally or otherwise.
The killing was greater than the wounding.

He also disclosed that the young man hurt him. The wounding and hurting could be physical, emotional or otherwise but Lamech failed to rule over his spirit. Therefore, his feelings of wrath pushed him to commit murder in return.

He knew the implications and consequences of his action very late. Verse 24 discloses,
"If Cain shall be avenged seven-fold,
Then Lamech seventy-seven fold."

Did Lamech remember this before the killing? No! After his sense of reason returned from the prison of wrath, he realised that there are penalties to pay for his misdeeds.

Dearly beloved reader, have you been wounded in the past or recently? Vengeance belongs to God! He will recompense in His way and time.
Leave everything in the hand of God. He knows what to do. Be at peace with your God and yourself.

Do not revenge because it will be out of proportions and you will also pay for your misdeeds. Be wise, leave everything in the hand of the Lord to plead your cause.
Do not be angry, do not sin; never display wrath.
Stay blessed and rapturable, the Lord is coming soon.
NOTE.
Scriptures quotations are from New King James Version.






The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print