Our Daily Bread (Part 2)
by Olawale Ogunsola

In the first part of this piece, we have discussed five reasons, among others, saints must pray "Give us this day Our Daily Bread".

Now let us discuss more of them.
Reason Six.
Our Daily Bread is a sure guard against ill-health. A daily provisions will surely prevent over-eating. Reports are everywhere that condemn this evil habit.

A local radio station in Nigeria always broadcasts,
"Good food is what the body needs. Feed well but don't over-eat."
This is true in its entirely. The Scriptures describe some people thus,
"Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
They have grown fat, they are sleek; ..." Psalm 73:7; Jeremiah 5:28a.

Too much fat is reported to be detrimental to heath. Eating too much food and wrong eating habit are sources of various health problems. Many people are not disciplined enough; they can eat three days' food in a day. Are you one of them? If yes, withdraw today. To prevent this habit, our daily bread is the answer.

REASON SEVEN.
It will encourage you to go to His holy place to know Him more and His comfort.
To receive your daily bread, you will no doubt need visits to where you can call on Him with other saints. Then will you experience His comfort and rest. There is full and perfect joy in His presence.

The Lord declares,
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness , and all these (daily needs) things will be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:33-34.

Going to His holy place will be to your advantage; because you will be able to say,
"May my meditation be sweet to Him ;
I will be glad in the Lord. " Psalm 104:34.

REASON EIGHT
Our daily bread helps to keep you busy at work. Our Father in heaven hates idleness. He loves to work. Jesus also was (and is) not lazy. So He wants His people to work daily for six days and rest on the seventh.

Our daily bread comes through our daily activities.
"When the sun rises, ...
Man goes out to work
And to his labor until evening." Psalm 104:23-24.
Jesus Christ declared,
" ... a worker is worthy of his food." Matthew 10:10e.

To receive your daily bread calls for your daily work. Be occupied!

REASON NINE
It is to teach how to reap great gain. Apostle Paul advised Timothy,
"Now godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:8-10.
The great gain include a peaceful mind. The assurance of a daily supply from a source that can never fail will give you peace. You will not be a captive of love of money. You will not serve mammon. Running after riches will not be your goal because you are convinced that you brought nothing into this world and shall take nothing out.

You will escape diverse temptations because you already know that
"Vanity of vanities all is vanity." Ecclesiastes 1:1.
Our daily bread teaches you that you be contented, godly and not run after vanities.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note.
All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version.





The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print