"A Thankful Heart"
by Henry Miranda

Luke 17:11-16 (NKJV)
"Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!" So when He saw them, He said to them, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan."

Of the 10 leopards only one was thankful enough to return to Jesus and thank him for what he had done. The real surprise in this healing is that the only thankful one was a non-Jew. The mixed group of lepers was presumably made up of both Jews and Samaritans. Their common disease united them despite their deep divisions of ancestry, religion, and history. But the only one courteous enough to offer thanks was a Samaritan.

WE must always be thankful in all situations of our lives, good or bad for God gives the strength needed to be overcomers. In all things be thankful for what God has given us. Remember trials make us strong.

A thankful heart can change the whole way you see life! Developing a thankful heart can revolutionize the quality and enjoyment of one's life! Most of a time, when men get their way or they get what they want they tend not to go back to think Jesus.

In every situation we need to cry out for God's help! And then when things are going well we need to be thankful. Sometimes we forget and don't even pray for our meals. Jesus longs for all of us to come and have fellowship with Him. And we this do this by giving thanks for all the things He provides for us.

We demonstrate fellowship with Him by giving thanks. One of best ways to fellowship with Christ is to give thanks for the things that He has done for us. Jesus has totally transformed our lives so we need to be thankful for God's love and cleaning power. And then be thankful for the changes He had made in us. Whatever we do we must not fail to be thankful to God for all the spiritual blessings and for everything he has done in our lives.

Yes we have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. God took some of us out of the gutter and gave us a new life. God doesn't look at our past after we repent, but looks forward to our future in His service.

Yes we serve an awesome God who is willing to overlook our sins at times and waits patiently for us to come back to Him when we stray from the path He has set for us. We should have a thankful heart for without God we are nothing! We are spiritually and physically dead. Only through God are we regenerated into a new creation and become spiritually alive.

Always be thankful for anything that comes along in life good or bad for we know that if we belong to Christ all things are done for our good. We show thankfulness to God by loving Him and following His commandments. Being thankful should always be in our hearts and mind.


Psalms 118:1 (NKJV)
" Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."


Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print