Let God pick your marriage partner
by Janet Riley

When I was in my 20's and seeking God's will for my life, I asked him to pick my marriage partner for me. I did not want to wind up divorced like my parents. We met at a prayer meeting and were married from 1985 until he passed in 2013.

I know God has a sense of humor, due to the husband He gave me. On my 40th birthday he called the office where I worked and told them I was really 50. My office had a field day with it, and put black decorations all over my office.

My husband and I were honest with each other about our medical conditions before we got married. I also told him he was not getting a domestic type. I worked full time, and we ate out a lot.

At one point, I got tired of waiting for my future husband and started dating someone. God told me that person was not the one He had in mind for me. I broke up with him and continued to wait.

I did not want to make a mistake like Sarah in the bible, who got tired of waiting for a son and gave her handmaid to Abraham, and then got jealous of the children she had.

One of the hardest lessons I had to learn was to wait on God's timing. Now that I am a widow, I am waiting again to see what He has in store for me.

(C) Janet Riley, 2014. I know God as a personal God who communicates with us, if we listen. I am starting on a Christian writing career and open to where God leads me. Please review my other articles at FaithWriters. I would like to hear from you. Please email at [email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print