What Do You Value More?
by Olawale Ogunsola

Do you know that "tonnes" of decisions are made daily by every individual? Right or wrong, out of two or more options, a decision to choose one must be made in most cases.

There is an incidence which took place in 1985. What was it?

I rode on Tola's father's motorcycle with my friend. We went on a visit to a nearly small city from his. I was with Tola, my friend, because we were on holiday.

On our return trip, the bike swerved into a small pothole on the narrow road. Then we were thrown into a ditch nearby. Thanks to God the accident was not serious. The motorcycle fell on one of my friend's legs and sustained minor injuries.

We continued the journey until we reached home. Tola's father, now of blessed memory, was a lover of children and young men. He welcomed us home and inquired about what happened that the bike was so rough.

I explained everything to him. He was happy we returned home safely.

As I was explaining to the old man, Tola was busy with one of his shoes carrying out a thorough examination on it. He was not concerned with his bleeding heel.

Then his father observed,
"Why don't you take care of your heel before you bother about the shoe?"

He replied,
"I will take care of it later."

I then asked him,
"Which is more important: your heel or your shoe?"

He said,
"The shoe!"

Every effort to let him "see reason" failed. He maintained his stand that the shoe was more important and valuable than his heel.

What is your impression of this young man (then) and his choice?

I think he was wrong! Yet, he had the fundamental human rights to make decisions. The question remains, "Is there any wisdom in what he chose?"

Let me tell you three reasons he was "carried away" by his love for the shoes:
1. As a student, it was costly.
2. It was new.
3. It was his only pair of shoes.

He forgot that,
* his creator who provided the means of buying that pair of shoes can provide another that will be better and cost more;
* he should not be carried away by what he had;
* he could not obtain another leg.
No supermarket or store to buy any natural part of man that will exactly fit in as the one God created.

Beloved reader, what do you love more than your soul?

Jesus Christ asked a question in Luke chapter nine in verse twenty-five that you must answer:
"For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world , and is himself destroyed or lost?"

What do you think you have that is more valuable than your life?

A man who will wear a pair of shoes must have legs. If you want to enjoy all other things that you cherish, you need life, which is in the Lord Jesus Christ only.

ALL other ways that seem right will surely end in death and hell. Proverbs 14:12 puts it this way,
"There is a way that seens right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."

May you not walk in the way of death in Jesus Name. May you receive that grace to choose right by choosing life.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.
Note:
Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print