Seeker: God is Near and Waiting
by Gregory John Monroe

The following is what I basically told a young man who asked these two questions:

Would you consider it better to be taught about God or to find God? When I say this, I mean is it better to have an overwhelming spiritual experience or attend a school or church?

Searching for God, I answered, is a good thing. That's because He wants you to know that if you do search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find Him (Deuteronomy 4: 29).

Waiting for an overwhelming feeling before coming to God, though, is somewhat dicey. That may or may not happen, even after finding the Lord. I've talked to many a Christian about this sort of thing. Not one had what you might call an overwhelming "Hollywood" type, miracle experience when they met the Lord and accepted Him. Nor did I. There wasn't music in the background, nor was there the sensation of floating amid a cloud of colors. I did experience, though, what to me was a miracle. It was simple. There was a sense of peace, and an immediate knowing that I wouldn't use curse words anymore. And I haven't since then.

I suggest that you take action. Be intentional about meeting God. Going to a class or having a one-on-one Bible study would certainly be beneficial, as you'll receive knowledge and encouragement from others.

There is also a blessing in being alone and hearing from God Himself. That's achieved by reading the Word of God. In His Word, it is said that no one knows God except for His Son, and only those to whom the Son reveals Him (Matthew 11: 27). In other words, in order to get to know God, get to know Jesus, the Son. He is the express image of God and His character.

A good place to exchange introductions with Jesus is in the gospel book of John. Developing a personal relationship with Jesus is what it's all about.

Do both. Seek Him with others; seek Him by yourself.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print